No, chocolate is toxic and even in a relatively small amount can be fatal for hamsters. In addition to the huge amount of sugar and fats, chocolate also contains theobromine, which is safe for humans, but is toxic to most small animals and rodents. Hamsters are simply unable to metabolize this substance, and they remain in their bodies for more than 24 hours, which can easily poison them.
Can hamsters eat chicken, cottage cheese, boiled egg, fish, shrimp, yogurt ?
Yes, hamsters can eat these foods. As a protein component, in a small amount, you can add to your pet’s diet to choose from one thing, no more than 2-3 times a week:
- Chicken boiled without salt, unflavored
- Boiled chicken or quail egg
- Curd of low fat content 0-1%
- Fish, non-fat boiled
- shrimps peeled – small amount, rarely
- kefir fat content 0-1%
- Yogurt without additives and sugar, fat content is not more than 1%